President, Board Member
Sheila House is a Masters Level Clinical Mental Health Counselor, licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with 20 years of experience as a practicing clinician.
Sheila works year-round as an independent agent of the Town of Harwich to support the mental health needs of Harwich Youth and their families. In this role, she collaborates with the Monomoy Regional School District, on wellness, prevention and mental health education and outreach. She offers the following services to Harwich residents:
- Therapeutic counseling and support for Harwich Youth, ages 11-24 years, FREE OF CHARGE (6-10 weeks)
- Parent coaching and support
- Referral resources – counselors, psychiatrists, substance abuse counselors, treatment centers, and medical resources in the community
- Crisis intervention, assessment and referral
- Prevention programs for youth-at-risk
- Networking with community resources that support youth and their families
Sheila was appointed by the Town of Harwich to serve on the Barnstable County Substance Abuse Commission and is a member of the Prevention Working Group of the RSAC (Regional Substance Abuse Council).
Sheila is a member of the American Counseling Association, The National Board for Certified Counselors, and the Massachusetts Mental Health Counselor’s Association.